Sunday 23 August 2015


MYSTICAL MOSAIC 
GEETA COOPER - THE MOSAIC HUT



CANDLES

The ancient art of Mosaic has been used for thousands of years to decorate places of worship, from Roman temples to Byzantine Cathedrals and Persian mosques. Today mosaics are ubiquitous, and as beautiful and can be seen in parks, museums, hotels and homes.

PLANTERS

Mosaics can be described as the art of decorating surfaces with designs made up of small closely placed pieces of hard material such as tile, stone or glass.

PHOTO FRAMES

NAME PLATES FOR DOORS



HER STORY
Geeta started her journey discovering this art in 2002, little did she realize her ability to master mosaics would enable her to create an impressive portfolio of designs and products.

TRAYS

SIGNAGE

POTS


"For me being an artist is who and what I am, but I never what I would become. This art form is a self taught skill that I have managed to master with a lot of practice. My design ideas are internally driven and inspired from my every day life experiences; the things I see or do , the people I interact with and the places I visit drive me to create unique pieces of art."

VASES

STOOLS

GLASSWARE


"Putting together bits of color and texture, tesserae ( pieces of tile mirror, glass or similar materials) to assemble each piece requires adept skill and time. I assemble my work piece by piece, building a world to get lost in or even found in."

VASES

ASHTRAYS



" Unlimited choices in scale, texture, reflectivity and spacing keeps my mind racing at different levels all at once. It is engrossing, time consuming, challenging and intense , but I would not give it up for anything in the world."

DISPENSERS

WALL ART


"Mosaic art is mesmerizing and a lot like life. Hard work, right choices, judgement, frustration, elation, co ordination, beauty, effort,  but most of all satisfaction and perfection!"

FESTIVE ORNAMENTS


Her large repertoire of designs include candle holders, trays, vases, pots, hanging ornaments, name plates , coasters, mirrors, frames and anything you can imagine. Her creative items make thoughtful gifts for any occasion.

Geeta can create almost any design within a stipulated time frame. You can check out her work on www.facebook.com/TheMosaicHut

VASES

For orders and inquiries please email her at geetacooper@gmail.com or inbox her on her page.


2 comments: